2023 Komen Bay Area MORE THAN PINK Walk
Sunday, October 1, 2023
9:30 a.m. | Morning Festival Begins
11:00 a.m. | Stage Program
San Francisco CA
Do I get a t-shirt?
All participants who raise a minimum of $100 will receive a commemorative fundraiser t-shirt.
All survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer will receive a special t-shirt recognizing their role in our event regardless of fundraising level or status. Registered survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer who raise $100 or more will receive two shirts—a pink survivor shirt and a gray fundraiser shirt.
Register and fundraise early to receive your shirt before event day!
How will I get my t-shirt?
We are now mailing all shirts for $100+ fundraisers, survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer.
In order to receive your shirt in time for Walk day*, you must register and/or fundraise $100+ by Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Central. Survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer who register, and participants who raise $100, after Sunday, September 3, 2023 will receive your shirt(s) by mail after the event. The final cut-off date for participants to raise $100 and receive a shirt is Sunday, October 29, 2023.
*Shirts are being mailed via USPS. As with any shipping provider, delays may occur.
Please note: there will be no t-shirts available for pick up either pre-event or on event day. Thank you for your commitment to Susan G. Komen and our efforts to simplify our t-shirt process.
Why are all t-shirts being mailed this year?
Mailing all shirts guarantees you will get the size you requested. Additionally, the new program will cut down on waste and will allow for cost savings, ensuring more of your fundraising dollars are directed to Komen’s lifesaving mission.
Do donations made to a team qualify team members to receive fundraising shirts?
No. Individual team members must have at least $100 in their individual fundraising accounts to qualify for a fundraising t-shirt. Donations to a team do not count toward individual team member fundraising.
We're working on scheduling some fabulous activities now! Check back later for all the details.
Be the first to know about new activities by joining our 2023 Komen Bay Area MORE THAN PINK Walk Facebook Group!
May 14 | 1:07 p.m. Pacific | Breast Cancer Awareness A’s Game
August 16, 2023 | Join our ONE Day Fundraising Challenge!
When you register and raise funds for the 2023 Bay Area MORE THAN PINK on August 16th, 2023, between 12:00 AM PST and 11:59 PM PST, you could win a $250, $500, or $750 fundraising boost. Click here to learn more.
MORE THAN PINK Walk® Event Day Schedule
We look forward to celebrating with you on October 1, 2023!
Oct. 1 | 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Pacific | Rolling Check-in at the San Francisco Zoo & Gardens
- Komen will pay the Zoo entrance fees for all Registered Walk Participants. Please register ALL walkers (anyone 2 years and older).
- Check-in between 9:30 a.m. — 11:00 a.m. at the Komen Entrance (Gate E near main entrance).
- The separate Komen entrance will close at 11:00 a.m. and no more Komen Guests will be allowed to enter.
Oct. 1 | 11:00 a.m. | LIVE Opening Ceremony Begins, Playfield Lawn
- Once inside the zoo, join Komen and our event sponsors at the Playfield Lawn. The opening ceremony begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Survivors, those living with MBC, and individual top fundraisers will enjoy a small continental breakfast in Hope Village.
- Top Fundraising Teams (teams that fundraise $5,000+) will enjoy a team table on the Playfield Lawn.
- Everyone is invited to bring a blanket and picnic on the lawn with Komen and the breast cancer community during the morning festival.
Oct. 1 | 11:20 a.m. | Survivor & Thriver Carousel Ride, Dentzel Carousel
- Immediately following our stage program our walk guests are invited to gather at the Dentzel Carousel and watch our Survivor & MBC Thriver ride.
- Survivors and MBC Thrivers are invited to hop on the carousel with a guest of their choice and enjoy this special moment as our guests of honor.
Oct. 1 | 11:30 a.m. | MORE THAN PINK Walk Begins, Playfield Lawn
- Following the carousel ride, you are encouraged to get your 6,000 steps in at your own pace while exploring the zoo — be sure to download the MTPW App to use our step tracker (click here for the Apple App Store and click here for Google Play).
- Event Sponsors and Komen Volunteers will be onsite until 12:00 p.m.
- Komen Walkers are invited to enjoy the zoo as long as you like.
- Think of it as “A day at the Zoo with your Komen Community.”
Please plan to adhere to all zoo safety rules found online here: https://www.sfzoo.org/reopening-faqs/
All Day Long | Walk where you are
Can’t join us Walk morning? Hop on the treadmill, take to your neighborhood sidewalks or the paths of your favorite local park or trail — wherever you’re able to gather with friends, family, and team members near you.
Event Day Tools
This event is a celebration of the strength and resilience of survivors and all people living with metastatic breast cancer. We honor these members of our community at:
Hope Village Celebration | Oct. 1 | 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at Playfield Lawn
Join us in the Hope Village area for a complimentary continental breakfast and pick up your goodie bag filled with donated treats just for you!
Pathway of Hope | Oct. 1 | 11:00 a.m. at Playfield Lawn
All survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer will walk, united, into our Opening Ceremony.
Carousel Ride | Oct. 1 | 11:20 a.m. at Dentzel Carousel (across from the Playfield Lawn)
All survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer are invited to close out our morning festivities with a Survivor and MBC Thriver carousel ride. Please plan to invite one guest of your choice to join you on the ride. We can’t wait to have this special moment together.
Your Event T-shirt
All registered breast cancer survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer will receive a special event shirt to recognize your special place in our event. To guarantee your shirt arrives in time for you to wear it on event morning, you must register by Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Central.
How long is the Walk?
The 2023 Komen Bay Area MORE THAN PINK Walk will be on your own, at your own pace, with your friends, family and colleagues. You choose how far you want to walk and in what direction. Get in your steps by enjoying a day at the zoo.
Getting to the Event and Parking
- Parking is on your own. The zoo has all the suggested parking and rates listed online here: https://www.sfzoo.org/directions-and-parking/.
- Parking is first come first served & there is free parking on Sloat.
- Take Muni: Within San Francisco, take the Muni L Taraval line outbound to the Zoo. Muni bus lines 23 and 18 also stop at the Zoo — https://www.sfmta.com/drive-park.
- Please do not call the zoo to coordinate MORE THAN PINK Walk parking. If you still have questions, please reach out to us locally via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are strollers allowed at the event?
Yes! We encourage participants of all ages to join us on event day!
Can I bring my dog(s) to the event?
No. Service animals only. Pets can spread diseases to zoo animals. No dogs or other pets are allowed on Zoo grounds, except service dogs. Service dogs may be taken to any area in the Zoo except where animals are roaming free. Please visit the Zoo website for more details https://www.sfzoo.org/visting/
For people with cancer or those with compromised immune systems, the CDC and NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) still recommends wearing a mask, social distancing, washing your hands, avoiding crowds, and other preventive measures.
On Sunday, October 1, 2023, we will walk for the people who can't: For those too weakened by treatment to join. For those who are suffering. For those we have lost. Together we will fight back against breast cancer.