2022 Komen Nebraska MORE THAN PINK Walk
Saturday, October 8, 2022
7:30 am - Village Opens
9:00 am - Opening Ceremonies
Do I get a t-shirt?
All participants who raise a minimum of $100 will receive a grey commemorative event t-shirt.
All survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer will receive a special t-shirt recognizing their role in our event regardless of fundraising level or status. Registered survivors/those living with metastatic breast cancer who raise $100 or more will receive two shirts - a pink survivor shirt and a gray participant shirt.
Please note that t-shirts are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Register early to guarantee we include your shirt in our order! While we do our best with ordering, we cannot guarantee availability of all sizes.
How will I get my t-shirt?
• Survivors and MBC Thrivers who are registered before September 13th, 2022, will have their shirt mailed to them in time for Walk day. Register after that date? Your shirt can be picked up in Hope Village on Walk Day.
• Participants who have raised $100 or more before September 13th, 2022, will have their fundraising shirt mailed to them in time for Walk day. Qualify after that date? Your shirt will be mailed post event.
MORE THAN PINK Walk® Event Day Schedule
We look forward to celebrating with you on October 8th!
7:30 am | Event site opens
Explore our four pillars, visit the “We Remember” tent, meet our valued sponsors and more. Be sure to pick up a commemorative Komen Wrap for Opening Ceremony.
8:45 am | Survivors and those living with Metastatic Breast Cancer meet at Hope Village
Don’t miss your opportunity to be in our group photo and get ready for Opening Ceremony.
9:00 am | Opening Ceremony
Honor Survivors as they walk down the Pathway of Hope, celebrate our top fundraisers, and listen to inspiring stories of resilience
9:15 am | Walk begins
Gather your team and take action. Choose between a 1 mile or 3 mile route.
All Day Long | Walk Where You Are
Can’t join us Walk/Race morning? Hop on the treadmill, take to your neighborhood sidewalks or the paths of your favorite local park or trail wherever you’re able to gather with friends, family, and team members near you.
All Day Long | ONE Community Experience
We’ve packed our event day with loads of fun and interactive activities that will connect us all as ONE Community and take your Race/Walk to the next level! Get started by downloading the ONE Komen Scavenger Hunt Checklist .
Activities Just for Survivors and Those Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer
We are all here for you. Your resilience is an inspiration in this community. Together, we will take a moment from our busy lives to share stories and support each other. What to expect on Event day/Schedule of Activities This event is a celebration of the strength and resilience of survivors and all people living with metastatic breast cancer. We honor these members of our community through:
- A special t-shirt to honor your role in our mission
- Hope Village to mingle and enjoy refreshments
- Remembrance tent to honor those we have lost
- An inspiring procession around our Pathway of Hope just for survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer during opening ceremonies
- The opportunity to see all the faces of this community that are here to support YOU
- Back Sign - Get ready for this weekend by printing and filling in your In Celebration / In Memory back sign now.
- ONE Audio Experience - Our event-day podcast is filled with stories from those affected by breast cancer as well as people helping to make a difference through research, care, community, and action.
- ONE Community Photo Wall - Share your event day photos on social with #ONEKomen and #RacefortheCURE/#MoreThanPINK to add your photos to the wall!
Event Day Tools
Parking & Event Map
How long is the Race/Walk? This year’s Walk will offer a 1 mile and 3 mile route
Getting to the Event and Parking Free parking is available at Werner Park
In the interest of keeping our participants safe, Susan G. Komen will follow local, state and federal guidelines or mandates related to COVID-19. Please review the event’s homepage and/or email communications to receive up-to-date information, including safety precautions or event cancellation.
On Saturday, October 8, 2022, we will walk for the people who can't: For those too weakened by treatment to join. For those who are suffering. For those we have lost. Together we will fight back against breast cancer.