2021 Komen San Francisco MORE THAN PINK Walk
Sunday, September 26, 2021
Sept. 20-24: Power of ONE Week Activities
Sept. 26: 9:00 AM Digital Opening Ceremony Begins for all In-Person and Virtual Participants
San Francisco Zoo
San Francisco CA
Sept. 18 | T-shirt Pick up at Sports Basement, Bryant Street, San Francisco
- Those who raise $100+ earn an event t-shirt.
- All Survivors and those living with MBC will receive a shirt regardless of fundraising.
- The first 100 youth registered will receive a special Komen & Zoo shirt.
- Event t-shirts will also be available for pickup at the zoo.
- Virtual participants will receive their event shirts via USPS in the weeks following the event.
Power of ONE Week
September 20-24 | ONE final week, and ONE final push to make a HUGE impact in the fight against breast cancer. Together, let's see what a difference ONE week can make.
Be sure to join our San Francisco More Than Pink Walk Facebook Group to participate in the activities along with everyone registered to our Bay Area Walk this year! Post photos of your daily celebrations to our Facebook Group or social media and use #PowerOfONEWeek so they’ll be displayed on our ONE Community Photo Wall!
Complete the ONE Mission Journey (found online or) on the MORE THAN PINK Walk App. Then share one new thing you learned on social with a link to your fundraising page.
Share a photo of your reason for walking via text, email or social media. Ask your audience to support you and your reason for walking. Get ready for this weekend! Download and fill out your In Celebration / In Memory back sign now.
A great activity for teams, family and friends, this day is all about community! Host an outdoor dinner party/virtual cocktail hour. Ask all those in attendance to donate $20 "at the door". We even have some ONE pot recipes (or share your own!) and Komen Conversation Cards for you.
It’s a Power of ONE Week Party to celebrate as ONE for the cause. Take this day to thank your donors for their support! Record a quick happy dance and share with your thank you note.
It's time to pink out! Let's see those tutus, boas, vintage Walk tees, accessories and more. Share a selfie in our Facebook Group and then post to social media using #powerofONEweek #morethanPINK #ONEkomen.
FUN FUNDRAISING IDEA: Use your outfit to create a "Dare to Wear" fundraising challenge, telling your followers you'll add one more pink item to your Walk day outfit for every $20 you raise on Friday.
Join us for Komen Bingo! This week, cross off blocks on the bingo card as you participate in Power of ONE Week activities, learn about Komen's 360° approach to finding the cures to breast cancer and, most importantly, raise funds to support Komen's work. How many ways can you spell KOMEN? Click to download the Komen Bingo Card and Power of ONE Week Schedule and play along. Post your progress on social media and in our Walk Facebook Group!
We look forward to celebrating with you on Sunday, September 26th!
MORE THAN PINK Walk® Event Day Schedule
Sept. 26 | 9:00 am PDT | Digital Opening Ceremony
Everyone joining us virtually or in person are invited to view the opening ceremony digitally as ONE Komen by watching our video above beginning at 9 am on Walk day.
Immediately following the video, download the Scavenger Hunt and join us in our Facebook Group to connect with our ONE community today!
Sept. 26 | 9:30–11:30 am PDT | Rolling Check in at the San Francisco Zoo
- Check-in between 9:30–11:30 am at the Komen Entrance (Gate E near main entrance).
- The separate Komen entrance will close at 11:30 and no more Komen Guests will be allowed.
- Komen will pay the Zoo entrance fees for Registered Participants—Please register ALL walkers.
- There is NO live opening ceremony or parade of hope.
- There is NO gathering hosted by Komen–teams may setup gathering points on your own.
- There IS a suggested walk route that you can enjoy at your own pace—directional signage will be onsite.
- Event Sponsors and Komen Volunteers will be onsite until 2 pm.
- Komen Walkers are invited to enjoy the zoo as long as you like.
- Think of it as “A day at the Zoo with the Komen Community, together but apart.”
- Parking is on your own. The zoo has suggestions online here.
- Reserve & Pre-Pay Parking the Lot by selecting the time you’ll arrive below:
- These are first come first served & there is free parking on Sloat.
- Please do not call the zoo to coordinate parking.
- Please plan to adhere to all zoo safety rules found online here.
Sept. 26 | Virtually Joining #MoreThanPink ALL DAY LONG
Hop on the treadmill, take to your neighborhood sidewalks or the paths of your favorite park or trail wherever you’re able to safely gather and socially distance with friends, family, and team members. Use our MORE THAN PINK app (click here for the app store and here for Google play) to track your steps and share your Walk pictures in our Facebook Group.
All are invited to participate in the ONE Community Experience
We’ve packed our event day with loads of fun and interactive activities that will connect us all as ONE Community and take your Walk to the next level! Get started by downloading the ONE Komen Scavenger Hunt Checklist.
Our event-day podcast is filled with stories from those affected by breast cancer as well as people helping to make a difference through research, care, community, and action. Click to tune in!
Finish Line Moment
When you get done walking, don’t forget to snap a selfie and head on over to komen.org/finishline to create your very own Finish Line Photo that can be shared via text, email, or on social media with #ONEkomen #MoreThanPink.
ONE Photo Wall
This is what ONE community looks like. View all the powerful moments from Races and Walks from across the country. Share your event day photos on social with #ONEKomen and #MoreThanPink to have your photos appear on the wall!
On Sunday, September 26, 2021, we will walk for the people who can't: For those too weakened by treatment to join. For those who are suffering. For those we have lost. Together we will fight back against breast cancer.