For survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer
We are all here for you. Your resilience is an inspiration in this community. Together, we will take a moment from our busy lives to share stories and support each other.
Thank you to our Survivor/Thriver Sponsor!
Dr. Melissa Troester, PhD, Principal Investigator on the Carolina Breast Cancer Study (CBCS) spoke at the meet-up on February 24th! Dr. Troester shared a brief presentation regarding Disparities in Breast Cancer.
Dr. Stephanie Downs-Canner, MD, FACS, Assistant Professor of Surgery, UNC Chapel Hill spoke at the meet-up on March 24th! Dr. Downs-Canner shared a presentation on sex and fertility for young breast cancer survivors. Watch the recording here.
Dr. Deborah Mayer, PhD, Director of Cancer Survivorship, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center spoke at the meet-up on April 20th! Dr. Mayer shared a presentation on a variety of breast cancer survivorship topics. Watch the recording here.
Programs for Survivors & Thrivers
This event is a celebration of the strength and resilience of survivors and all people living with metastatic breast cancer. We honor these members of our community at the Triangle Race for the Cure through:
- A special t-shirt to honor your fight
- Space to share your survivorship story on the website and through our e-newsletters
- The opportunity to engage with fellow survivors and thrivers through monthly virtual meet-ups
Susan G. Komen's Year-Round Commitment
- Support group for individuals living with MBC
- Due to the pandemic, the group meets virtually on the third Thursday of the month
- Learn more about the group or email Pam Kohl at email@example.com here
- Designated funding for MBC research
- Read about the Komen MBC Collaborative Research Initiative here
- Patient support services
- Call 1-877-GO KOMEN for information on Treatment Assistance, Patient Navigation, Clinical Trials, and more
It’s one of my favorite days; anyone who joins me loves the feeling they get from that inspiring day. Most of all, I love giving back for my good fortune of survivorship.
I love that every person there is not alone. We’re all there because in some way this disease has affected us and we want to have an impact in the fight against it.
Your strength and resilience as someone who’s lived with breast cancer is a bold inspiration to us all. We are honored to have you take part in the 2021 Komen Triangle Race for the Cure - especially this year.